what we do
The Moving Image Training Alliance was set up by independent training providers to:
- Raise the profile of the sector and increase awareness of the contribution it makes;
- Represent the interests of independent training providers to government, policy makers and funding bodies;
- Support its members to collaborate, network and share best practice.
We do this through:
- Promoting the work of independent training providers through the media, publications and at events;
- Providing networking and training opportunities for our members;
- Keeping our members informed of developments in the sector through a regular e-newsletter, briefings and other resources;
- Representing the interests of our members on a range of advisory and working groups.
Since its launch MITA has:
- Produced a directory of training organisations (see below);
- Produced a DVD showcasing work produced by and with young people;
- Promoted the work of independent training providers at events organised by the Specialist Schools and Academies Trust, the London Film Festival and Film London;
- Represented the independent training sector of the LDA's STEP Steering Group and on Skillset's Specialist Experts Group supporting development of the new Creative and Media Diploma, and Training Advisory Group for the Olympics Host Broadcast Training Programme;
- Developed a Code of Good Practice (see below) to support members in providing training to professional and ethical standards.
MITA Code of Good Practice
MITA Directory 2008/09
« Who we are